NOW HIRING: Grants Management & Fiscal Sponsor Assistant
The role of the Assistant is to keep track of incoming and outgoing requests for funding in the foundation's internal systems.
Foundation for Louisiana seeks a dynamic Grants Management & Fiscal Sponsor Assistant to carry out the administration and management of the grants process and fiscal sponsor program. This role reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives (DSI) and will coordinate work across departments. The role of the Assistant is to keep track of incoming and outgoing requests for funding in the foundation’s internal systems. The Assistant supports staff in processing grant paperwork and applications, writing grant reports, and tracking deadlines. The Grants Management & Fiscal Sponsor Assistant will also work with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in managing fiscal sponsor accounts by tracking with fiscal sponsor grant activities, assisting with applications and reports.
The Grants Management & Fiscal Sponsor Assistant will also provide customer service and support, meeting with fiscal sponsor partners, managing invoicing and accounts, and generally serving as a liaison between the fiscal sponsor partner and the foundation.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Input grant information to Salesforce and FIMS management systems
• Track incoming and outgoing grants into Excel
• Support Program Officers in tracking incoming and outgoing grants
• Support staff in all parts of the grant application and award process, including award letters, thank you letters, payment memos, and reports
• Coordinate with CFO to gather financial information for reporting
• Ensure that all grant applications are supported by proper documentation and clearances to make the process work effectively and efficiently
• Ensure that grant applications are in accordance with the qualification criteria
• Maintain and verify payment records, reviews invoices, and record receipts
Fiscal Sponsorship Partner Program:
• Act as liaison between the foundation and fiscal sponsor partners
• Generate monthly reports
• Work with CFO to generate and manage receivables and payables
• Track incoming and outgoing grants in Excel, paper files, Salesforce, calendar, and FIMS
• Assist in grant reporting and writing and gathering necessary documents and financial statements
• Provide other support and customer service
Skills & Experience Required:
• Respect for Louisiana and its people
• Familiarity with Excel
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership and fiscal sponsor partners
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; ability to function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
• Accountable team player who also works well independently
Skills & Experience Preferred:
• Demonstrated commitment to dismantling racism, transphobia, homophobia, and other systemic oppressions
• Knowledge of Salesforce, and/or FIMS
• Grant writing experience
The Grants Management and Fiscal Sponsor Assistant is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position, and reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives. Salary is between $40,000 and $43,000 DOE with a generous benefits package.
Please send your cover letter, resumé, and three references to Foundation for Louisiana, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Louisiana natives, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and the deadline for applications is Friday, April 13, 2018, with application review beginning immediately. For more information about Foundation for Louisiana visit our website at www.foundationforlouisiana.org.
Foundation for Louisiana follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, incarceration background, and marital status.