Mission & Values
The mission of the Foundation for Louisiana is to invest in people and practices that work to reduce vulnerability and build stronger, more sustainable communities statewide.
The board and staff of the Foundation for Louisiana are guided by a set of core values and beliefs:
- Increased access to resources and opportunity strengthens vulnerable communities and improves qualify of life for all residents.
- The grassroots wisdom of Louisiana residents is one of our most valuable resources.
- Growing economic opportunity spurs innovation and creates shared prosperity.
- Individuals and families have the right to maintain their dignity amidst disaster.
- Achieving equity and inclusion for all Louisianans requires effective public policy and systemic change.
- Given appropriate resources and support, communities are able to solve their own problems and chart their own futures.
- Transparency and accountability are cornerstones of integrity and institutional success.
- Collaboration and continuous learning improves the reach and quality of our work.
- A diverse board and staff, representative of the diversity of our state, provide the best leadership for the Foundation.
Foundation for Louisiana views people from diverse backgrounds as partners, not just clients or recipients of services and does not discriminate against employees, volunteers, board members, grant applicants or any of our other constituents on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.