Disaster Preparedness Resources
This collection of downloadable documents and links may be helpful in the unfortunate event of a natural disaster.
The following resources and websites contain information that you may find useful in the unfortunate event of a natural disaster.
- Disaster Preparation Checklist*
Foundation for Louisiana has prepared these lists as a resource to guide you and your family as you inventory belongings, prepare your disaster kit, and document medical history and needs.
- Post-Disaster Insurance Guide*
The Department of Insurance is a state agency created by the Louisiana Legislature. One of our major functions is to make sure you get the insurance coverage you are paying for. Regulation of insurance companies and producers (formerly known as insurance agents) is an especially important task. We constantly monitor the insurance industry so that you can be reasonably sure your insurance will be there when you need it.
- Last Will and Testament Worksheet*
- FEMA Freqently Asked Questions
*Family Emergency Plan
- Insurance Coverage Review Worksheet
*Information for Pet Owners
- Information for Older Americans
- Business Continuity and Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Assistance
- Emergency Response Plan
- Business Impact Analysis Worksheet
- Additional Disaster Preparedness Links *